Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I saw beauty today...

Another week gone by and a great weekend has pasted and I find myself on a beautifully hot Tuesday afternoon. No rain today so far. My kids got to go swimming this afternoon for the first time..its usually raining in the afternoons. They were super pumped...Richard told me about a game they play called "eel"....pretty much they just swim around and catch each other. hahaha.
Richard is the smartest 6 year old I've ever met. Today he was able to explain gravity to the class better than I could...put me right in my place. See Chan my assistant was killing herself laughing. She's so great...somedays I think she should be the one up at the front and not me. I am humbled by her willingness to serve. She inspires me. Her warmth and smile are inviting. Her love for the children is so evident. Beautiful. She is beautiful.

Its really cool getting to know the kids more..their personalities....the things they do constantly that annoy the heck out of me....the things they love to do.
When I was in Cambodia in the fall and teaching out at the orphanage..it was amazing how the children there were so different yet so that same as children back home. Even though they had entirely different backgrounds and upbringings (most of them tragic and heart-breaking) and in a culture COMPLETELY different than our own....God still makes children all with the same heart. The same innocence. The same amazement at the world. Teaching at Heritage..where I'm teaching children who all come from extremely wealthy Cambodian families, I see it more and more.
This "universalness." This sameness. Its brings me both joy and comfort and amazement at our Heavenly Father.
It brings all new meaning to the song I sung as a little girl..."Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white. They are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world. "

No comments: