Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Each day gets better!

Yesterday was the first day that I liked being back. Its hard to say that...I feel like I'm expected to love being back and living here. I guess I expected it from myself. It wasn't there at first though. All I wanted to do was go home. Back to familiarity and normalness. Back to Matt. I miss him terribly. Me and Kim are hoping to get a laptop and internet at our apartment so it would make it alot easier to call home on Skype. So back to yesterday. We went to market and bought some more things for our apartment. I took her to the "pile" shop which is what me, Kristie and Brittany had affectionately called our favorite clothes store. Its just a HUGE mound of clothes and then bags more stuffed along the side. Straight from the factories. We found Hollister jeans for $14!! SO awesome. So buying some clothes definetly made us feel better. Then we went to Bohhdi Tree for supper which was one of my favorite restuarants. AND I saw Mong who used to be one of our fav tuktuk drivers! But of course...when I asked him how much to give us a ride me said.."Whatever you think"! AUUGGHHH. Brittany and Kristie...Mong is STILL the same. I have yet to call up Kong..another one of our tuktuk drivers. Hopefully he remembers me:) We also got a washing machine installed so Kim was busy today washing clothes. What a great roommate:)
Today was my first day at work. Very overwhelming. But exciting. I have 26 1st grade students and a wonderful assistant called See Chan. She's gonna be my lifesaver! Thursday is the first day the kids come...we've just been getting things organized. It is going to be a challenging year I think....I never knew being a REAL teacher was so much work. Oh well. I know I can do it. OK...I'm heading home to make supper with Kim. We still haven't found househelp so we've been cooking ourselves. I've never ate such odd mismatched meals in my life...hahaha...oh man.

2 comments:

BrittHarper said...

Eileen! So jealous you got to go to our store at Russian Market!! "Can I offer you $2?" "No you cannot". You saw Mong!??! Oh no, I bet he wasn't expecting that. Did you recognize any of the guys at Boddhi tree?
I love reading your blog!

Amy said...

EILEEN YOUNEED TO UPDATE